The Icelandic New Year’s Eve is by many considered the most breathtaking New Year’s celebration in the world. We offer a special Bonfire and Fireworks tour where you will experience this celebration first-hand. You will be taken to enjoy the immersive celebration atmosphere.
Thousands of people attend community bonfires scattered throughout the different neighbourhoods in Reykjavík. It’s a celebration like no other, one you can experience on the Bonfire and Fireworks on New Year’s Eve Tour.
At midnight the atmosphere becomes highly intense due to the hundreds, even up to a thousand, tons of fireworks that are lit up and fired away. We will than stop at a desirable viewpoint to watch the fireworks and toast with a glass of sparkling wine while thousands of people all over the city are shooting up tons of fireworks, resulting in one of the world’s most spectacular sights one can imagine.
Between the Bonfire and the Firework show we stop for a light refreshment.
Bonfire and Fireworks Tour Highlights
- Warm your body and soul around a tremendous bonfire
- Sing, dance and celebrate with the locals
- Watch a spectacular fireworks show
- Enjoy a glass of cheer as we count down the last moments of the year
- Complimentary pick-up and drop-off to major hotels, guest houses and bus stops in Reykjavik
- Professional guide
- Glass of sparkling wine
- Traditional bonfire
- Coffee service at a restaurant
- Dazzling, citywide firework show
- This tour is only operated on New Year’s Eve, December 31st.
- Children under 12 years go free.
- The legal drinking age in Iceland is 20
- Warm clothes are recommended
Pick up and drop off
Pick up from hotels, guesthouses and designated bus stops starts 30 minutes before the tour departure time stated on your voucher.
To help ensuring the quickest possible collection we kindly ask you to stand by for pick up in front of your hotel or guest house when pick up starts. Boarding the pick-up coach please present your tour voucher.