Your Into The Glacier Adventure is truly a unique experience. You will get the opportunity of a life time to enjoy one of the world’s greatest wilderness; Iceland’s second largest glacier – from the inside!
Never before the Langjokull ice tunnels, has anyone been able to see the beautiful blue ice at the heart of an ice cap glacier. The Into the Glacier Adventure Tour is something you won’t easily forget.
You’ll get to drive in a specially modified snow truck on the glacier, explore the glacier environment, enjoy a view out of this world and go INTO the glacier to experience the glacier’s beauty from the inside!
An experienced guide will lead the way the whole time to make sure everyone is enjoying themselves to the fullest.
It´s time to take ice cap glacier exploration to a whole new level. Dive in. Welcome on board!
Book Your Into The Glacier Adventure now.
Into the Glacier Adventure Details:
- Drive yourself from Reykjavik (or other starting point) to Husafell or Klaki base camp.
- During winter, Please use road 1 towards Borgarnes and road 50 and 518 to Húsafell.
- Tour starts from Husafell in winter time (16th of October-31st of May) and in summer time (1st of June-15th of October) at Klaki base camp by Langjokull glacier’s edge
- Shuttle departures at 09:20, 09:50, 11:50, 13:20 and 14:20 from Husafell to Klaki base camp (1st of June- 15th of October)
- Specially modified glacier vehicles take you up to the ice tunnels and back, about 30 min. each way during summer and 60 min. during winter.
- Ice tunnel tour with guide for about an hours
- The tour is around 4 hours during winter and 2,5 hours during summer.
- Please note that the duration of the tour may be longer than scheduled, due to conditions on the glacier
Terms & Conditions:
- We reserve the right to change the itinerary and the mode of transport or cancel the tour, according to weather or road conditions, or circumstances beyond our control.
- Please note that the duration of the tours may vary according to weather and road conditions.
- Half price discount for 12-15 years old – does not apply to group bookings