Discover the Secret Lagoon, experience the rugged charm of an Icelandic open air bath, sample traditional food and visit the Golden Circle in summer
The Secret Lagoon
The Secret Lagoon is a natural hot spring and pool located near the village of Flúðir in South Iceland, just off the Golden Circle route. Fed by mineral-rich geothermal water from nearby hot springs at a steady temperature of 38° to 40°, the Secret Lagoon’s pool of water is perfect for bathing and relaxation.
Icelandic open-air bathing experience
Over the years, the Secret Lagoon, or Gamla laugin as it was referred to by locals, has been part of the local culture that is keeping alive the unique and authentic Icelandic open-air geothermal bathing experience.
Hot springs and geothermal features
The Secret Lagoon offers neat and clean locker rooms, showers and changing facilities, as well as a small bar and eating area. Boardwalks and footpaths surround the concrete encased pool enabling guests to explore small hot springs and geothermal features in the immediate area.
After bathing in the Secret Lagoon, the tour continues to Restaurant Grund for a delicious buffet-style dinner where you can enjoy sampling variety of Icelandic cuisine.
Golden Circle tour
End the evening with visits to the attractions of the famous Golden Circle route: Þingvellir National Park, Gullfoss Waterfall and Geysir Geothermal area, and enjoy the sights of these natural wonders beneath the midnight sun.
- Rugged charm of an Icelandic open air geothermal bath
- Sample delicious Icelandic food in a light buffet-style
- Enjoy the sights of the Golden Circle
- Experience Gullfoss waterfall, Geysir geothermal area & Þingvellir National Park
- Admission to the Secret Lagoon
- Complimentary pick-up and drop-off for hotels and guest houses in Reykjavik
- Round trip transportation
- Professional tour guide
- Light-buffet-style meal at Restaurant Grund in Fluðir village
Remember to bring a swimsuit & a towel. Swimsuit & towels can also be rented.