Siglufjörður (Sigló) is the main town at the mountainous Tröllaskagi peninsula.
In Sigló you can find The Herring Era Museum which successfully recreates, the life of the town in its golden age, between 1867 and 1968 when Siglufjörður was the herring fishing capital of the whole world (entrance not included).
Tourism is a growing business in the village with restaurants and cafés. Sigló is a vibrant village with beautifully renovated houses and you can spend three and a half hour exploring the village before you hop on the bus to Akureyri again. Self-guided tour.
Highlights and options of this tour:
- Drive along the spectacular coast of Eyjafjörður
- Herring Era museum (entrance not included)
- Icelandic Folk Music Centre (entrance not included)
- Siglufjörður swimming pool (entrance not included)
- Variety of Cafes and restaurants