- Ride out to an idyllic landscape on an Viking Horse before visiting the Icelandic Parliament site, Gulfoss, and geysers at Geysir and Strokkur. Join us on the Viking Horse Riding and Golden Circle Tour.
Want to know more about the Viking Horse Riding and Golden Circle Tour? The Icelandic horse is a breed that has remained virtually unchanged since the Vikings brought it to Iceland in the 9th century. With the help of one of our beautiful horses, you can ride through the idyllic landscape of Laxnes, just out of Reykjavik city. The riding tour is suitable for all experience levels, from beginner to expert, It is a fantastic way to see the countryside.
After the riding experience there will be about an hour to relax and have a something to eat before we join our Golden Circle Afternoon tour, which leaves Reykjavík at 13:00. From there, the tour heads to the National Park Þingvellir, with its remarkable geological features. The Icelandic Parliament – Alþingi – was founded on the site in 930 AD, making it the oldest still-functioning parliament in the world.
The tour will also visit the impressive glacial waterfall Gullfoss, the Geysir geothermal area and Strokkur hot spring. On the return journey, you will travel through beautiful agricultural areas before heading back to Reykjavík over the mountain heath Hellisheiði.
- Riding the Icelandic Viking horse
- Experiencing nature from horse back
- The power of Gullfoss waterfall
- Erupting hot spring at Geysir geothermal area
- Nature and history at Þingvellir National Park
- Pick-up and drop-off service for hotels and guest houses in Reykjavik
- Round-trip transportation
- Viking horse riding tour
- Professional tour guide on riding tour
The Viking Horse riding tour tour is not for children under the age of 8.
Tour departure point
The Gray Line Bus Terminal in Holtagarðar is the central departure point for the tour.
Pick up and drop off
Our pick up coaches collect passengers from over 160 hotels and guest houses in Reykjavik and deliver to the Gray Line Bus Terminal in Holtagarðar for check in.
Pick up from hotels and guesthouses starts 30 minutes before the tour departure time stated on your voucher.
Check in at Gray Line Bus Terminal is 15 minutes before the tour departure time stated on your voucher.
To help ensuring the quickest possible collection we kindly ask you to stand by for pick up in front of your hotel or guest house when pick up starts. Boarding the pick-up coach please present your tour voucher.