Travel the West Coast visiting waterfalls, volcanoes, the lava cave in Húsafell and the ice cave in Langjökull, staying overnight in a 4 star hotel.
If you want to experience some of the best things in Iceland, including the ice cave in Langjökull, waterfalls and the lava cave in Húsafell, this is the tour for you.
Tour departs from Reykjavik in the morning. After driving from Reykjavik to Húsafell, with some stops for sightseeing (if time allows), we make a lunch break. After lunch, you will visit the lava cave Víðgelmir, one of the largest known lava caves in the world. With the aid of a walkway anf lighting the stunning enormous beauty can now be enjoyed with comfort and ease, enhanced only by the cave expert guides. After the excursion you will have time to spend at your own leisure, by visiting the thermal pool in Húsafell or taking a walk on the hiking paths. During winter, you may even be lucky enough to see the Northern Lights!
Overnight at Hotel Husafell (4-stars)
After breakfast, jump on board a specially modified glacier vehicle that will drive you to the ice cap of Langjökull glacier. There you will get a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to go literally inside a glacier, where you can see how the colours of the packed ice and snow range from gray to white to deep blue, as well as walk on a footbridge across a huge crevasse.
After returning from the glacier, you will have some free time before the bus departs for Reykjavik in the late afternoon. Estimated drop-off time back at your hotel in Reykjavik is 6 – 7 pm.
- Visit the 1100 years old Víðgelmir lava tube cave
- Explore lava tubes that were once filled with flowing hot magma
- Seeing the most powerful hot spring in Europe, Deildartunguhver
- Marvel at the picturesque Hraunfossar waterfalls
- Relax and recharge at Húsafell geothermal pool
- Picturesque Hraunfossar waterfalls
- Exploring the ice cave at Langjökull glacier, one of Iceland’s most spectacular Ice Caves
- Witness the blue ice at the heart of a glacier
- Experience the glacial environment of an icecap
- Journey up to Ice Cave in a modified glacier vehicle
- Complimentary pick up for major hotels and guest houses in Reykjavik
- Round trip transportation
- Professional tour guide
- Accommodation with breakfast (one night at Húsafell Hotel)
- Entrance ticket to the Ice Cave in Langjökull glacier
- Entrance ticket to Víðgelmir lava cave
- Caving gear for Ice Cave and lava cave
- Certified caving tour guide
- Expert guided exploration of the Ice Cave
- Complimentary entrance to the thermal pool at Húsafell
Meals other than 1x breakfast at Húsafell Hotel
Bring proper hiking shoes, balaclavas and winter gloves, warm socks, clothing with wind proof and rain proof outer layer, light and warm inner layer (wool, fleece or thermal)
Bring swimsuit and a towel, in case you want to take a dip in the thermal pool at Húsafell
Children under 12 years old can stay free with two paying adults (one child per room)
Please note that tour schedules and destinations may change due to weather and road conditions